SDS/Labelling in Japan
In Japan, each of the following three laws requires the supplier of the chemical product(s) to provide the SDS(s) and label(s). The substances designated by these laws and the mixtures containing the designated substance(s) are subject to the SDS/labelling requirement.
- Pollutant Release and Transfer Register (PRTR)
- Industrial Safety and Health Law (ISHL)
- Poisonous and Deleterious Substances Control Law (PDSCL)
There are two industrial standards for chemical classification and hazard communication, which are;
- JIS Z 7252 Classification of Chemicals Based on GHS
- JIS Z 7253 Hazard Communication of Chemicals Based on GHS - Labelling and Safety Data Sheet
Media Services Ltd. prepares Japanese GHS compliant SDS.
Being provided with English SDS (either GHS or non GHS) or information of the substance, Media Services Ltd. prepares Japanese regulation compliant SDS following latest GHS (Globally Harmonized System of Classification and labeling of chemicals) standard.
GHS implementation in Asia;
GHS has already been implemented in Japan, Korea, China and Taiwan. Media Services, Ltd. arranges preparation of SDS for these countries in its language.